Friday, February 10, 2012 By: Nerdular

rain rocks! pests suck!

Apparently the blogger app for android sucks. Every time I've made a post with it and specified this blog, it still posts to my other blog. Annoying! Anyway...

My makeshift rain collector took up quite the offering last night/this morning. :) Probably about 8 gallons. My greenhouse plants and indoor seedlings should be happy for the rainwater!

Rainwater excites us here in central Texas
I know this isn't the best solution, but it works for now.  I may buy a proper rain collection system with my tax return. This guy was $5 at Big Lots, and I actually bought it to store clothes in. :)

Something keeps digging up in one of my beds and is using it as a toilet!  Could be a cat, could be a squirrel, could be a raccoon, or could be all of these things!  I have tried laying coffee grounds and orange peels, but that hasn't deterred them.  My fiance often pees around the bed, but that doesn't bother them either! Aside from getting some kind of fence, cage, or gun (which I'm very close to doing! the fence, anyway), how do you keep pests out of your garden?

0 comments:

Post a Comment