Saturday, April 21, 2012 By: Nerdular

#gardening

I tried  making my own  compost tea and  fed it to  the leaves and roots of  all my plants today. Should see  some improvement soon if it worked! If so, I will do that all  the time because it's  cheap  and  easy! The compost tea I bought at the farmers market worked wonderfully, but I like to learn how to do things  myself, and spend  less money of course.

Also hung xmas  bulbs on the tomato plants today. (To deter birds.)

I pulled  my still growing kale  plant because I found  tons of  worm larvae  underneath the leaves.  I also kept some  lettuce in too long,  because it  turned disgustingly bitter.  Pulled  that too.

Other than try two for okra (which I decided  to  start/transplant this  time) I am done planting things for  a while!  I really hope all my hard work pays off in a month or so.  Everything looks great so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment