Wednesday, March 28, 2012 By: Nerdular

night time predators

While reading up on pest control last night, I came across a suggestion to "check your plants at night, that's when most of the critters are out."

So around 1am I was out checking.  Turns out that was a great suggestion, because I saw all kinds of things.  Disheartening.  I have:

- black...fleas?
- caterpillars
- cutworms
- some other clear/white looking flea thing

So there I was in my garden gloves, spraying and squishing, at 1:30 in the morning.

Something tells me I am fighting an uphill battle.  And I have a lot more reading to do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They definitely come out in droves at night. So far my only planned fix for caterpillars is simply to plant my chards and other greens earlier this fall than last fall, by about a month. That way they're grown and eaten (by me!) before the moths make their way into the world.

I still don't have the stomach for smooshing, unfortunately.

Post a Comment